Monday, August 31, 2009

Reading, it doesnt hurt I promise!

Ok,

I am so fucking sick of this.

I get these customers that when they get to the keypad,
they just stare at it,
I mean seriously,
stare at it like its some kind of fucking hypno-toad.

FUCKING READ THE DIRECTIONS YOU FUCKING IDIOT !

They make me have to tell them what to do, they make me say outloud the exact same thing it says on the keypad, some examples...

* (at our store you can enter your phone number in leu of sliding your frequent shopper card in order to get discounts.

The Idiot:
"So what button to I press to enter my phone number?"
Me: "Um, the button that says phone number " o_O'
TI: "Oh, yea."
Me: o_O'


TI: "I swiped my card, what does it want me to do now?"
Me: "Chose credit or debit"
TI: Pauses to read the buttons, "Oh... yea."
Me: o_O'

This is the worst one, failure to completely read the keypad, people will go and enter their number then stare at the screen, because some idiot decided people would read it and notice it says " Welcome! Please slide your shopper card or payment card to begin", so this conversation will occur dozens of times a day...

TI: "What does it mean slide your shopper card, I did that already didn't I?"
Me: "Yes, just slide your payment card like it says"
TI: "But it says to slide my shoppers card"
Me: "Yes, but since you entered your phone number or I slid the keytag, you can slide your payment card now like it says"
TI: finally reads the rest of the screen, still not understanding it, "but it says slide my shoppers card...OR payment card to begin... oh, so did my card go through, is it asking for my shopper card again?"
Me: *Wants to really, REALLY strangle the guy who wrote the program for the keypad* "Yes sir, your shopper card went through already, it just returns to that screen as a default since you can slide your shopper card or payment card there."
TI: "So I got my discounts?"
ME: "Yes sir"
TI: "Then why does it say it wants me to slide my shoppers card again?"
ME: *impales self on the bag holders at the register, give my regards to nixon*


Oh my God why???

Ok,
granted some of the things I say can be attributed to being bored at work, tired, cranky, English not first language, etc., but with most individuals this is just their stupidity!!!


Sometimes I just let customers stare at the keypad to see how long it goes on,
some will stand there for almost a minute before either asking me what to do (like omg I'm lost here, id rather ask you then read something!) or
FINALLY reading the fucking thin
g.

When I'm really grouchy, and they ask me what to do, I say,

"Please read the keypad and follow the directions"

HA!

...and some people still need me to walk them through, step by step.
OMFG, how do these people manage to get up,
get dressed,
and drive a car to where I work?!?!

later web-peeps

No comments:

Post a Comment