Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Condoms 101

I am so amused by how different people act when purchasing condoms.

Usually the younger guys flirt, or try to act "too cool" for em. Like, "yea, Im buying the extra large, super lubricated, sparkly, ribbed, pull-a-rabbit-outa-your-ass condoms what you gonna do about it?"
Erm, nothing cuz I dont give a fuck?
Imagine their dissapointment.

Others will cover them with impulse buys like magazines, gum, etc. and are obviously embarresed at having to go to my checkout. They usually won't make eye contact or talk with me so I just ring them up and stay professional.

I did however, have this one time where two guys bought condoms, grabbed them out of the bag after paying an ran off yelling, "we dont need a bag we'er gonna use them right now, kthnx"
*snicker*

Its the older gentlemen that act really awkward as hell about it (Im a 20 something female, no makeup, but not ugly i hope)
They are so relieved as I make casual small talk about the weather and ring up their purchase without incident or the inkling of a snicker.
Of course, this has kind of make me a regular for these customers when I work late nights... the apprent 'safe' time to buy condoms.

Rarely do I get woman buying them...and when I do, boy are they dressed like sluts, must be a steriotype thing.

No matter what, I always handle it calmly and professionally, calmly and professionally, and laugh like hell on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment