Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Glove Lady

Yes, I too have a Glove Lady.

If you've ever worked retail like grocery, you know who I mean.
Shes the lady with crazy hair, skinny, may or may not smell of moth balls, and wears GLOVES of some kind.
My lady in particular wears two layers of the thin plastic medical looking gloves.

She is batty as hell.

She insists on me turning off the belt so she can put all her groceries on it in a particular order because if she doesn't, something... I dunno, will happen.
She re-boxes her groceries herself, she never uses bags, she uses these grimy gross looking cardboard boxes that look like they've been through WWII.
She insists on treating cashiers like they are five.

I deliberately cough, sneeze and sniffle when she comes through my lane.
Yes, I know its petty, but we cashiers do get so very bored...

No comments:

Post a Comment