Thursday, October 15, 2009

I guess it is 5 o'clock somewhere...

not here tho, or at least, not when Mr. Tipsy got in my line today at 4ish.

I'm doing my usual thing, "Hello how are you" rings up items after patron grunts whatever response la de da, de da.

Then I hear this, "HELLO THERE!" bellowed from the depths of some guys gullet.

I look up and see... Mr. Tipsy.

I do not know who he is, but he has definitely been hitting the bottle early,
maybe there was an office luncheon,
maybe a birthday party,
who knows cuz it's only Thursday.
He seemed to be having a little difficulty deciding what volume his voice should be, or which direction was south if you know what I mean. Needless to say, this is what followed...


Mr. T: "HOW are YOU today!"

Me: *Trying not to giggle* "Oh, I'm good, how are you Sir?"

Mr. T: "well... I'm just DANDY!"

Me: "That's nice Sir"

Mr. T: "Yea YEA, you can shove ALLLLL that in one bag for meh!"

Me: "Sure, no problem."

Mr. T: *grunts and swoons* "Huh, is that there the bathroom?" *gestures to our kiddy play center, definitely NOT the bathrooms*

Me: "No Sir, the bathrooms are just behind me" *Points to bathrooms*

Mr. T: "OOOH! ok, Mind if I USE em?" *swoons some more* "Hey, YOU think I could LEAVE my BAGS HERE?!? THINK they would be OK!?!?"

Me: "Sure, I'll keep an eye on them, it's no problem at all."

Mr. T: "You do that, and THANK YOU KINDLY!" *grunts and swoons way to the bathroom*


*Next customer enters the que*

Me: *ackward smile* "I apologize, that man is clearly intoxicated."

Nice Lady: "Well, at least he's polite and behaving himself. Hey, its 5:oo somewhere right?"

Me: "Indeed." *rings up groceries*


*Mr. Tipsy returns from the bathroom for his items.*

Mr. T: "ALL right young LADY! THANK YOU KINDLY!!!"

Me: "Your welcome!"


I really hope he was not driving...
but maybe I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment