Sunday, September 13, 2009

What A Little Jerk!

OK, so last week I actually had a kid who didn't want to listen to me and well...

So Little Jerk comes in with his little sister, hes 8 shes 5, and there is already another 8 year old boy in there playing with the blocks. For some reason, when you get two or more 8 year old boys you get trouble, some kind of macho, dominant male in the room thing.
Usually its not a problem cuz they listen to you, you can, after all, call their parents and that's usually a good enough threat.

Well, this kid wouldn't listen.

Little Jerk keeps taking the other boys blocks, even off of this really spiffy town he's made. The other boy comes over and tells me, he's well behaved and polite. I tell him I'll take care of that, and let him know to just be patient, it will work out. I tell Little Jerk to stop, twice. He says hes going to hit the other boy, mind you these are those old fashioned wood blocks some of which are the size of baseball bats, I'm like, orly? O-O'

Me: "*insert real name here*, I'm calling your mother"
LJ: "How come everybody knows my name!"
Me: "You mom has to tell us, because we are responsible for watching you."
LJ: "AND how come you know her PHONE NUMBER?!?"
Me: "You mom has to give it to us for you to come in, in case we need to call her"
LJ: "Well, I've never heard of that, shesh, she never told me that, shesh, she's lost her privileges!" *pouts away*
Me: *erm, wtf, must be how he's disciplined...?*
LJ: "Well, if you call her I'm going to hit him"
Me: "No, your not" *now, I'm prepared to get between these kids, my body language must say so...*
LJ: "Well, I'll kick his tower down when she gets here then"
Me: *patiently waits for mother of devil child to arrive, acting nonchalant so as not to raise the suspicions of the room, they can smell worry you know*

Well, the mom gets there, and I tell her what her son had done, why I had to call her, and why he has to leave, she understands so no problem. He still had the nerve to knock the top off the tower, but mom's sharp disproving voice put a stop to that.

I put a note on his card, and left a note for who I consider my boss in the 'nursery'

I don't think Little Jerk will be returning any time soon.

By the way, his sister the whole time from start to finish, NO problems sharing, and was an absolutely lovely child...

so ?

No comments:

Post a Comment